Be A Mentor
2016 Fall Session Details
- dates: starts - February 21
- time: every Tuesday from 6 - 9 pm until the gallery show opens
- place: upstairs @ The Youth for Christ Building
- gallery exhibition: May 9
Who can be a Portable Vision and Audio mentor?
An adult (21 or over) who...
- has a heart for God
- enjoys and is serious about making quality artwork
- has compassion for young people and is interested in their spiritual development
- is comfortable with risk and commitment
- can commit to 4 hours per week for 3 months
- has completed the application process and been approved by CMYFC
What will be required of me if I commit to a Portable Vision and Audio session?
Clear Communication If you are experiencing difficulty and are unable to keep a commitment tell someone about it.
Be Present Regular attendance is a must. Portable Vision and Audio is a shared studio experience. You have to be here to experience it.
- listen when others are talking
- contribute your own ideas to the group discussion
- make art (visual and musical) while you are here
Finish Well Use all the the time you have in studio to make a nice work of art.
- invest your time in making a quality presentation for the gallery exhibition
- 2 dimensional work should be framed. 3 dimensional work should be displayed on a sculpture stand or in some other way that treats it well. The minimum cost for this is $25 which will be covered by your presentation fee. You will have the option of choosing a frame that could cost more. All presentation expenses must be paid prior to making your frame.